The Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI) is currently seeking a “hands on” Head of Facilities to support the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery and buildings of the Institute in Jupiter, Florida.
Reporting directly to the Institute’s Chief Operating Officer, the selected individual will:
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs following MPFI’s purchasing guidelines;
- Provide assistance with the maintenance of scientific equipment;
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansions;
- Manage facilities department personnel to ensure the efficient operation in the facilities department;
- Build rapport with and work closely with the MPFI leadership team and other department heads;
- Manage the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance and repairs of the building, scientific equipment and machinery, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance;
- Ensure that general carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance is completed as appropriate and complete work orders in a timely manner and with accurate records;
- Develop and maintain the Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery;
- Oversee the cleaning of facilities;
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed;
- Take the lead role regarding disaster preparedness, and general housekeeping policies and practices of the Institute;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as appropriate.
For more information & to apply online visit http://www.maxplanckflorida.org. EOE/M/F/V/D.